Shimano Ultegra 14000 XSD Reel is Versatile
Shimano's Ultegra 14000 XSD is versatile reel. The avid Surf Angler will love this reel because it performs very smoothly when casting long into the surf. The Specimen Carp Angler will also love this reel because of it's improved silver cosmetics and efficient high speed drag.
The Ultegra's versatility in it's ability to offer the angler one set of reels for many different situations. This is possible because the 14000 XSD comes with 4 line reducers (2x10.000/2x3.500) which offers different line capacities to suit the water you are fishing. So the Surf cast angler or specialist fisherman has the opportunity to fish different types of lines, braids and monos at different distances. The Ultegra is suitable for Carp anglers as it is also classed as a ‘Big Pit' reel, so you can slacken off the drag with a very small turn to use the reel in ‘free-spool' mode, and with another small turn you can turn the drag back just before you strike and you are ready to play the fish under tension. Tightening the Instant drag until fully locked prevents any spool slip on the cast and a relatively small turn of the instant drag knob sets a sensitive drag, making it suitable for the often light/thin lines used in surf cast competition fishing. So the Ultegra XSD is suitable for reservoirs, large or small lakes, big rivers or surf fishing.
The Ultegra 14000 XSD offers very substantial line capacities for mono or braid, again making it the perfect surf reel or carp reel. You get 600yds of 12lb, 440yds of 16lb and 330yds of 20lb. And in terms of retrieval range you get (CM) 103-105 with 101.6 inches per crank.
Ultegra XSD Technical Specification
The Ultegra XSD is packed with unique features like X-Ship, Super Slow Oscillation, Aero Wrap II, and Instant Drag the angler can be confident to challenge the biggest salt or freshwater fish out there.
- X-SHIP system gives reels increased gearing efficiency and power, eliminating twist and rotor flex. The result is powerful and silky smooth cranking by efficiently and effectively transmitting input power.
- Super Slow Oscillation (50) - an advanced way of laying line onto the spool during retrieve and therefore improves casting performance.
- Aerowrap II - Aerowrap II is a worm gear oscillation system with a specially designed pitch to create optimal oscillation speeds for the AR-C lip design. It provides uniform line lay and winding shape to prevent loss of energy during a cast, while providing longer casts than other oscillation systems.
- Instant Drag
- AR-C Spool - made from cold forged aluminium - which has a new lip design giving you longer casting, prevents backlashes and wind knots, and lets line fall off the spool in smaller loops
- Line reducers (2 x 10.000 + 2 x 3.500) to reduce line capacity
- Parallel Body
- 1 A-RB & 3 stainless steel + 1 ball bearings 1 roller bearing
- Single machined aluminium handle
- XT-7 body material Shimano's new graphite which is 200% stronger than current graphite using Shimano's latest technology for improved rigidity and longevity
- drag power 15-20 kg
- 4.3:1 Gear Ratio
You may also like...