The new 6 piece Mackenzie NX1 Atlas range is the ideal fly rod for storage and travelling.
It’s compact nature means the rod can be taken on a flight even as hand luggage. Moving on from their award-winning designs the team at Mackenzie are very excited about this new range of 6 piece Nano tube technology rods. The new NXI Atlas rods load slightly further down the blank than the other NX1 models but they still retain a fast recover giving you the perfect action for casting both traditional Spey lines and the full assortment of modern-day shooting heads and Skagit fly lines.
As with all Mackenzie products these new rods have been fully tested in some of the world’s most demanding and challenging fishing locations and excelled at all times.
- Ultra-light weight, satin green blanks
- Reinforced composite cork on each handle end
- Fuji stripper guides and quality snake rings
- Alignment dots on each section
- Quality down locking reel seat
- 6-piece for easy transportation
- Protective triangular rod tube
12’7 NX1 Atlas #8
Shorter double handed rods like this are becoming increasingly popular, making rods of this style the go to rod for fishing salmon in medium to small sized rivers around the world. This is also a very popular rod for fishing for large sea trout and steelheads. Like its big brother the 13’7 Atlas, it has a fairly deep progressive action but importantly retaining a fast recovery.
- Rod weight - 229 grams
- 6 piece / Section length 68cm
- Tube length 74.5cm
- G3 Spey line 50ft headed 8/9 weight
- Phased Density 5 Shooting heads 38g
- Skagit 550 grain
13’7 NX1 Atlas #9
Mackenzie have now taken the very popular original 6 piece Atlas range of rods and re produced them using their new NX1 technology. This size of rod has become very popular and one of our best sellers. Its a good all rounder and is perfect for fishing right across the world for salmon, sea trout and steelheads in both medium and large systems. It has a fairly deep progressive action with a fast recovery, giving you a rod that has a beautiful casting action, but importantly a reserve of power if needed.
- Rod weight - 260 grams
- 6 piece / Section length 73.5cm
- Tube length 79.5cm
- G3 Spey line 55ft headed 9/10
- Phased Density 5 Shooting heads 42g
- Skagit 650
14’9 NX1 Atlas #10
This rod is ideal for fishing some of the medium to large sized rivers around the world. It retains a medium action but like the FX1 technology the speed of the blank recovery has been increased, creating a rod which is well balanced, flexes well down the blank, and importantly produces a fast recovery.
- Rod weight - 300 grams
- 6 piece / Section length 79.5cm
- Tube length 85.5cm
- G3 Spey lines 55ft & 65ft headed 10/11
- Phased Density 5 Shooting heads 44g
- Skagit 720 grain