The Hultafors Ekelund Hunting Axe is your perfect partner for clearing paths and small-scale felling. As part of the new premium range, it comes with a lifetime guarantee.
With its ground neck and medium-weight head, Ekelund is ideal for easier forestry work as well as for skinning game with great precision. This makes it your perfect hunting partner. It is also an ideal gift for any hunting enthusiast. Like all Hultafors axes, the Ekelund is hand forged and made from high-quality Swedish axe steel.
As part of the head-forging process, the steel axe head is struck 40-60 times, thereby increasing its density and resulting in great durability. The name of our classic hunting axe comes from Gunnar Ekelund, the squire who, inspired after a trip to the USA, initiated axe production at a larger scale in 1870-75.
- Wooden handle from American hickory, treated with linseed oil
- Convex grind edge
- The edge is sharpened, polished and ready to use
- Leather axe sheath included
- The handle length of this model is 20" (60cm), and the weight of the head is 0.85Kg.
- Each axe comes with a sturdy leather sheath.
- Shaving sharp "out of the box".
You may also like...