After extensive research, where the limitations of both barbed and barbless were scrutinised, there has been an obvious need for improvement thus resulting in this radical design that crosses the boundaries between what we have had and what we now have.
Made from high-grade Japanese wire, the key improvement has been the introduction of a series of minute horizontal grooves on the inside of the specially designed arrow shaped hook point, where historically the barb would have been. These grooves allow the hook to hold securely in the fish’s mouth when pressure is applied, as the flesh presses into the grooves resulting in a firm hook hold with no slippage. As soon as the pressure is removed the hook returns to a barbless format allowing for easy and safe removal. Simple but so very effective.
None of us can deny that this is a serious and genuine development within the hook sector and one that is set to transform the sport and truly add benefits for both anglers, fish and fisheries. The distinct advantages of GRIPZ Hooks are easy to appreciate when you consider hook slippage, fish loss via barbless patterns, hook removal damage and trailing rigs through barbed patterns.
Wide Gape GRIPZ sizes 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12, 14 & 16 (10 hooks per pack)
There’s Barbed. There’s Barbless. And now there’s GRIPZ.
- Better than barbed or barbless
- Genuine third hook design
- Incredibly popular and efficient hook pattern
- From size 2 through to size 16
- Can be used in specimen through to match angling tactics
- Multi-species: carp, barbel, tench, bream etc.
- Unique grooves that give firm hook hold under pressure
- Easily, and safely removed when pressure released
- Incredibly sharp and stay sharp after multiple captures
- Specially designed arrow-shaped hook point
- High-grade Japanese wire
- A comprehensive range of ready-tied Hair Rigs to complement.
- Internationally award-winning for their fish and fishery safety