The sea always presents the angler with complicated hydraulics and the Fireblade has been tested and improved over several iterations in multiple locations on several species. The feedback loop has been relished by Century R&D team who have enjoyed the challenges the design brief required. Century think the Fireblade ticks all the right boxes for someone who has an interest in an entry-level top end rod brand but also has a wife and kids to feed. Century haven't compromised with the brand's name that stands for performance and this rod will not disappoint an angler who wants a comprehensive taster of what is available from the full range of Century shore rods.
- Multi-phase high tensile composite butt with 3K-3K carbon twill cut at 45 bias.
- Tip - reverse fit joint and glass/high tensile carbon, hybrid, rapid recovery tip.
- Computer-controlled proprietary oven cure technology.
- Factory Finish: Matt black coated, stainless steel Delta forward sloping, anti-tangle guides.
- Guides set in hybrid configuration for fixed spool or multiplier use.
- Tied in red metallic tips(butt) and Jet-Black grade A grade thread with multi coats of high build.
- Marine grade etched stainless steel trim band – upper butt.
- Japanese shrink rubber (JSR) handle.
- JSR rubber separator grip on lower tip and upper butt.
- Equal sections – tip and butt.
- Century Fuji moveable reelseat and EVA caps.
Century have received frequent requests for what could be best described as an entry level shore rod to the well-established Century family of top end, high performance beach casters.
The design brief started that it had to be designed and manufactured in UK. This was to ensure the key elements in quality, materials, processing, performance and reliability could be controlled in their factory in England. Thereafter the very best performance, with value for money and proven capability figured highly in the design and processing criteria.
The Fireblade incorporates several technical benefits:
- Proprietary carbon/glass fibre and resin composites developed from extensive experience in sea angling and 20 years of experience in creating World Record distance rods.
- Advanced carbon fibre cutting and positioning of ply laminates coupled with optimised manufacturing techniques including curing in a computer controlled composite oven.
- Accurate fibre placement to allow efficient energy delivering in an easy loading rod with quick recovery.