Glasgow Angling Centre are completely dedicated to your total satisfaction. If you have any suggestions or comments please email us using the link on the store page.
Our Contact details:
Glasgow Angling Centre
Unit 1, The Point Retail Park, 29 Saracen Street, Port Dundas, Glasgow, G22 5HT
Phone: 0141 212 8880
Fax: 0141 331 6340
All material is © copyright of Glasgow Angling Centre
Our In-Store Returns Policy
*Please Note* The following applies only to goods purchased in-store.
Please keep your receipt for anything you buy. It will ensure we can help you, if you need to bring anything back.
If you return a product unused, in the original packaging with the original receipt within 30 days of purchase we will exchange the product or offer
store credit to the value of the original purchase price.
YOUR CONSUMER RIGHTS ARE NOT AFFECTED
If the product you purchase is faulty, or not as described, we may offer an exchange, refund or repair as appropriate, in accordance with your consumer rights.
Our Online Returns Policy
*Please Note* The following applies only to goods purchased online or by mail order.
At The Glasgow Angling Centre we want you to be satisfied every time you shop with us so we make our returns policy simple.
Goods for return or exchange must be sent back to us within 14 days of receipt. DVDs and CD ROMs may only be returned for replacements of original order.
Simply send returns back to us at the address below via a secure Post Office service. (Royal Mail Tracked recommended).
Upon receipt of the goods we will, send replacement goods or issue a full refund for the price of the goods returned.
Our only stipulation is that they are in a saleable condition, in other words;
The tags have not been removed
The garment or tackle item has not been used, worn or damaged
The item is returned in its original packaging undamaged
We will issue the refund (or send out an exchange) within 30days, and you will see the credit on your card after approximately 3 or 4 working days. Although we issue the credit straight away it takes this length of time to work its way through the banking system (some building societies can take up to 10 days).
A refund will show on your card under the name Glasgow Angling.
Where Faulty or Damaged goods are received please contact the store on 0141 212 8880 selecting customer services number within 30 Days of receipt; or email email@example.com
All items that are dirty and/or wet will be will be returned un-repaired at your cost, before even being evaluated.
Guidance & Notes
- No delivery charge on exchanges if you send the item back to us through the post(UK Only). However we offer an uplift and delivery service for items you wish to exchange for instance if the item is not what you expected or the garment does not fit(UK Only). There is a £12.50 charge for this postage option whereby the replacement goods arrive on the same day as the returned items are uplifted
- Glasgow Angling Centre will only reimburse return P&P costs for up to 28 days after purchase. (UK only, outside the UK please contact us first to arrange an uplift.)
- Please ensure that you wrap the package securely
- Refund does not include your cost of the original postage and packaging or return post if the goods are not damaged or faulty.
- Please ensure that line is removed from all reels as they will not be replaced/returned
- Please note that for your own security we advise that you send goods back using a service that can be tracked.
- We cannot be held responsible for packages lost or damaged in the post when being returned to us
- Royal Mail Tracked insures the goods up to £100
- Glasgow Angling Centre will not be held liable for Consequential Loss or damages
- This cover can be increased to £2,500 by paying a small premium
- Royal Mail Signed For 1st Class only insures the goods up to £50
- Except where the goods you return are faulty or damaged, the cost of returning the goods to us is your responsibility
- This does not affect your statutory rights as a consumer
- Advice given by staff members regarding Sizes and fitting of items is their personal opinion. We will measure and advice to the best of our knowledge but the final decision is yours.
- Please do not return goods wet as these will be returned
Price Match Policy
- Product must be identical, in stock and available for immediate delivery.
- Price match must take into account any additional shipping or membership charges.
- Applies to bona fide retailers websites and most recently published advertising only.
- Does not include any auction websites such as eBay or any retailer based outside the UK.
- Excludes advertising errors, discontinued items, clearance items, used or shop soiled goods.
- We reserve the right to check all details with the other retailer before matching prices.
Combos requiring light line or salmon sizes may be supplied with alternative items due to limited size ranges. Please call for exact Combo contents.
Returns on Special Offers
If an item bought under a Special Offer, Promotional Incentive or as part of an Outfit is subsequently returned the Special Offer may no longer apply and the refund will be adjusted accordingly.
We will give you the best deal we can in the circumstances, but we will have to take into account the impact of a return on the original offer.
If the item is exchanged for another that would have been available under the terms of the Special Offer no adjustment will need to be made. If the exchange is for an item of similar value outside the terms of the original offer then any adjustment is at our discretion.
All queries should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org and we generally deal with all queries within 48 hours. If we need to investigate your query further we will advise you.
Making A Purchase
Making a purchase could not be easier. Just browse our Catalog, and click on any items that you wish to buy and click the "Add to Cart" button. After you have finished your selection, click on "Checkout" and you will be asked for a few details that we need to be able to satisfy the order.
We accept payments from all major credit cards, AmazonPay, Pay4Later and PayPal. If you are shopping from outside the UK, place your order normally and your credit card company will convert the transaction to your own currency automatically.
We would like to make it clear that when a customer makes a purchase online that they are aware that they are agreeing to a legally binding contract.
When confirmation of an order is received, this is to indicate that we have received your order. It does not confer that a contract exists between us. A contract of sale exists when payment has been processed. We have included this term to protect us in the case that a mistake has been made in pricing, we have inadvertently under-priced goods, or we are no longer able to supply a particular product for some reason. In the case of a change of price, we will always contact you first to ensure that the price is acceptable.
Any technical problems please do not hesitate to contact us on through any of the methods in the 'Reaching Us' section below.
Shipping And Handling
The correct charge will be applied before dispatch for all UK Orders this is based on the delivery postcode, International orders postage may vary from quoted price, if this causes concern please e-mail (email@example.com) for accurate postage cost. This will be a temporary measure until our shipping prices are reviewed. We apologise for any inconvenience that this may have caused.
Qualifying orders of £50 and over when delivered to UK mainland* will have the option of free shipping. Qualifying orders of £150 and over when delivered to addresses in Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland will have the option of free shipping.
Please note, some items are excluded from eligibility such as Gift Cards/Vouchers/Live Baits. Next Day services will be charged at the standard rate.
Unfortunately we cannot ship to Parcel Motels. Sorry for any inconvenience caused.
We are in discussions and are now able to supply an Express Delivery Service. If this is of interest to any of our overseas customers then please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
**Please note during our current free shipping offer, should you return an item for exchange, the exchange shipping charge will be applied. In this case normal shipping rates will apply. Please do not hesitate to contact our returns department email@example.com if you require further information**
* Some exceptions apply. For a detailed list of shipping costs click here.
Standard Delivery Schedule
For standard delivery, please allow up to 5 working days from date of order, although this may vary throughout the year depending on demand.
Please note that we cannot deliver to a PO box address. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause. Note: All orders must be signed for and cannot be left in a designated area without a signature.
Any item marked as "Temporarily out of stock" or "Ordered on request" will be placed on back order and may delay your order. We may have to contact you depending on availability at our suppliers.
Payment for back ordered items will not be taken until the items are ready to be sent to you, with the exception of PayPal/AmazonPay payments where we have to take payment up front.
Any out of stock items will be kept on back order if the total value exceeds £10. Items totalling less than this will have to be re-ordered. We will keep items on back order for you unless you specify otherwise.
Unfortunately back orders cannot be held for overseas orders.
For orders made from the UK or the European Union, 20% VAT is added. Please note that product prices are displayed inclusive of VAT.
All other orders are VAT free and will automatically be charged the correct price for your country.
Credit Card Security
The site uses 100% secure encryption techniques for transferring your credit card details during a transaction!
We guarantee your satisfaction. All of our products come with a 30 day no quibble guarantee for goods returned in the original condition and packaging, please also include proof of purchase. This only applies to orders placed over internet and through Mail Order Catalogue.
You can reach us by
Telephone on 0141 212 8880
Fax on 0141 331 6340
E-Mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Glasgow Angling Centre, Unit 1, The Point Retail Park, 29 Saracen Street, Port Dundas, Glasgow, G22 5HT
Glasgow Angling Centre Reward Card Scheme
Terms and Conditions
- The GAC rewards programme has previously been trialled with a small group of users and with effect from September 1st 2011 is in beta test phase, with a much wider group of users invited to participate. Eligible Participants will receive Reward Points (as defined below) based on a percentage of their Qualifying Spend and will have an opportunity to redeem earned Reward Points in accordance with the following Terms and Conditions. The Programme Period covered by these Terms and Conditions starts at 00:00:01 UK time September 1st 2011 and will continue for a period of 24 months or until terminated by GAC in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. In the case of the scheme being terminated, any reward points left on customer accounts will be issued as a voucher which can be redeemed against goods within 90 days of the termination date.
- The GAC Reward Card programme is open to any person who applies for a Reward Card at a GAC store in the UK or Republic of Ireland or online at www.fishingmegastore.com. GAC may extend the Reward Card programme in its discretion at any time. If you apply for a Reward Card you confirm that you accept these Terms and Conditions. GAC may refuse an application for a Reward Card if it has good reason to do so.
- If you apply for a Reward Card in a GAC store you will need to provide one of the GAC sales team with your title, forename, surname, telephone number and address. If you apply for a Reward Card online, you will need to create a GAC account and you will be required to input the same information together with a valid email address.
- An administration fee of £5 is charged on an application for a GAC Reward Card. This fee may be waived at GAC's discretion.
- Card Holders may apply for additional Reward Cards on their accounts to be used by other members of the Card Holder's household. Additional Reward Cards will be issued at the discretion of GAC and will be charged for at a cost of £1 per card. Household members issued with additional Reward Cards may earn and redeem points on the original Card Holder's GAC account (subject to these Terms and Conditions).
- Reward Cards are issued by and remain the property of GAC. If requested, Card Holders are required to return their Reward Card to GAC or to destroy them.
- Card Holders are responsible for the security of their Reward Cards and for any points earned or redeemed ('spent') using it. Card Holders are also responsible for the actions of additional card holders from their household. If a Reward Card is lost, stolen or damaged or a person has gained unauthorised access to your Reward Card, Card Holders should notify GAC immediately, either online, via Customer Services or through one of the team at a GAC store, so that a replacement card and account number can be arranged. Replacement cards will be charged at a cost of £1 per card.
- Reward Cards cannot be used as credit cards or guarantee cards.
- Card Holders earn reward points on purchases in GAC stores or online. To earn points in a GAC store, the Card Holder must present their Reward Card to a member of the GAC sales team at the till at the beginning of the transaction. To earn points online, you must login to your account at the checkout on the website. Once logged in your GAC account points are automatically credited to your Reward Card when you complete a qualifying purchase. Card Holders can only link one Reward Card to each GAC account.
- Reward points will only be added at the time of purchase and cannot be added at a later date. It usually takes up to 24 hours for points to be added to a Reward Card account. Reward points cannot be earned on purchases made prior to joining the GAC Reward Card programme.
- Points are awarded on every purchase over £1.00, except on the purchase of Gift Vouchers. Other products may be included or excluded at the discretion of GAC. Double reward points are awarded on the purchase of Fisheagle and Stillwater branded goods.
- Card Holders will receive points on qualifying purchases calculated at the rate of 1 point for every £0.10 spent (rounded up to the nearest whole number, so, for example a purchase for £19.91 earns 200 points and a purchase for £20.01 earns 201 points).
- GAC reserves the right to vary the rate at which reward points are earned (including offering bonus points from time to time) on providing you with reasonable notice.
- Card Holders can redeem reward points against purchases in GAC stores or online at a value of £2.50 per 1,000 points. Card Holders can only redeem points in multiples of 1,000 points. No change or credit will be given for any overpayment using points. GAC reserves the right to vary the number of points required to be redeemed against a purchase or to exclude certain products from the GAC Reward Card programme.
- Points cannot be redeemed until registered on a Card Holder's Reward Card. Note that as stated above, it takes around 24 hours for points earned to register.
- To redeem points against an intended purchase in a GAC store, the Card Holder must present their Reward Card to a member of the GAC sales team at the till at the beginning of the transaction. To redeem points against an intended purchases online, login to your account and select the option to pay by redeeming points at the appropriate point during the payment process.
- Reward points can be used as part payment towards a product both online and in a GAC store. Reward points will be earned on products where points have been redeemed as payment or part payment for that product.
- Reward points have no cash redemption value. Reward points are for Card Holder's personal use and cannot be exchanged, sold or transferred to another Card Holder's account.
- If a transaction on which points are earned or redeemed is cancelled or reversed or a product is returned (in accordance with GAC's Returns Policy) GAC will reverse the associated points earned or redeemed. Card Holders must present their Reward Card to a member of the GAC sales team when they require a refund so that points awarded can be debited from the Reward Card for the product being returned.
- The GAC Reward Card programme is operated and promoted by Glasgow Angling Centre Ltd, Unit 1 The Point, 29 Saracen Street, Glasgow, G22 5HT, Tel: 0141 212 8880, email: email@example.com, web: www.fishingmegastore.com
- It is the responsibility of the Card Holder to notify GAC of any change to or error in their contact details. Details can be updated either at a GAC store or online. GAC reserves the right to suspend a Reward Card account if a Card Holder's contact details are incomplete or inaccurate.
- GAC reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions, or suspend or terminate the GAC Reward Card programme at any time. GAC will notify Card Holders of any changes to these Terms and Conditions by posting notices in store and online. GAC will give Card Holders as much notice of any changes, suspension or termination as it reasonably can. Earning or redeeming points will constitute acceptance of any amended Terms and Conditions.
- Card Holders can terminate their Reward Card accounts on written notice to GAC at any time.
- If GAC reasonably believes that a Card Holder is in breach of these Terms and Conditions or the Card Holder has abused the GAC Reward Card programme, GAC reserves the right to take any appropriate action, including suspending or terminating the Card Holder's Reward Card account.
- If the Reward Card programme or an individual account is terminated (for whatever reason) the Card Holder's (and any household members') rights to earn or redeem points are lost.
- If a Card Holder has not used their GAC Reward Card for a period of 18 months or more, their Reward Card account may be terminated. Card Holders are entitled to reapply for a Reward Card and GAC may, at its discretion, re-award any points which were held on the Reward Card at the time the account was terminated.
- To check your Reward Card points balance at any time simply login to your account online or ask any member of staff instore for assistance.
Scottish Law governs these Terms and Conditions and your use of the GAC Reward Card or Website. By accessing the GAC Reward Card or Website you agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Scottish Courts in relation to any claim or dispute arising out of or connected with your use of the GAC Reward Card or Website.
Sale of Restricted Goods
Glasgow Angling Centre will not sell restricted goods such as knives or ammunition to anyone under the age of 18 years. We ask you to confirm this when you order. We reserve the right to ask for a form of ID from the customer at the time of delivery to confirm they are aged 18 years or over.
No contract shall exist between us and anyone under 18 who attempts to order or to receive delivery of knives, ammunition or any other restricted item, or where we expect the order is being undertaken on behalf of a person under 18 years. Where any doubt exists about the age restriction being met then any invitation to buy will be cancelled and no delivery or sale will exist.
Certain items are excluded from PayPal, AmazonPay and Pay4Later and any order including them cannot use them as a payment option.
Glasgow Angling Centre do not disclose buyers' information to third parties other than when order details are processed as part of the order fulfilment (shipping by Royal Mail or other Courier.) In this case, the third party will not disclose any of the details to any other party.
a. Take and fulfill customer orders
b. Administer and enhance the site and service
c. Issue a unique identifier (e.g. customer login)
d. Monitor customer account status beyond that required for individual purchases
e. Only disclose information to third-parties for goods delivery purposes
If you give your consent, data is collected anonymously by Google through their analytics platform to help us understand how people interact with the website and better serve our customers in the future. If you have previously given permission you may opt out at any time by clicking here
Fish of the Week Competition (FOTW)
- To enter the FOTW competition you must apply in store or fill in the online form found at www.fishingmegastore.com/feature-competition.html - entries place by any other means must be approved by GAC in writing or by email. If applying in store, please bring your image to the customer services counter.
- By submitting your image, email address and information, you are giving us permission to use it in our marketing materials, website, blog and social media pages. We will not pass your details to a third party or any other organisation. Your entry is still valid even if you do not wish to be added to the mailing list.
- GAC reserve the right not to publish images that are deemed unsuitable or not of high enough quality. Screenshots and images with filters or other manipulation applied are not acceptable - please send the original file where possible.
- The Winner will receive a £150 worth of Daiwa products. Glasgow Angling Centre reserves the right to refuse to grant the prize to anyone who has broken the rules as above, had an unfair advantage in the competition or won by fraudulent means.
- The winner will be choosen by a pannel of judges in our Glasgow store and will feature in the Scottish Daily Record newspaper on the Friday of each week.