Century received a lot of very positive feedback from customers using the 13’ Fireblade around the British Isles, frequently mentioned at same time were numerous requests for a longer version in the Fireblade series. After extensive testing the 14ft version is now available!
The 14ft Fireblade looks and feels a lot like the 13ft model, but the extra length gives you a higher trajectory in the cast and more rod to store up and release that energy. The slim blank has uniform aesthetics to the shorter model with ATC black Delta guides, Century metal bands, a Fuji sliding DPS reel seat, EVA moveable collars, and premium Japanese shrink wrap. The tip is carbon and provides great bite detection, picking up small rattles. The rod has plenty of power in the blank, should you wish to target larger fish as the 13’ model also proved. It's another rod that offers a lot of versatility.
The Fireblade 14ft has once again been designed and manufactured in the UK to ensure the key elements in quality, materials, processing, performance and reliability could be controlled in their own factory. Thereafter the very best performance, with value for money and proven capability figured highly in the design and processing criteria.
Proprietary carbon/glass fibre and resin composites developed from extensive experience in sea angling and 20 years of experience in creating World Record distance rods.
Advanced carbon fibre cutting and positioning of ply laminates coupled with optimised manufacturing techniques including curing in a computer controlled composite oven.
Accurate fibre placement to allow efficient energy delivering in an easy loading rod with quick recovery.
The Fireblade rods tick all the right boxes for someone who has an interest in an entry level top end rod brand but where the budget does not yet stretch to specialist models in Century sea lineup. The Century name stands for performance, proven by 40+ year UK manufacturing history this 14ft Fireblade will not disappoint new owners.
- Multi-phase high tensile composite butt with 3K-3K carbon twill cut at 45 degree bias.
- Tip - reverse fit joint and glass/high tensile carbon, hybrid, rapid recovery tip.
- Computer-controlled proprietary oven cure technology.
- Factory Finish: Matt black coated, stainless steel Delta forward sloping, anti-tangle guides.
- Guides set in hybrid configuration for fixed spool or multiplier use.
- Tied in red metallic tips(butt) and Jet-Black grade A grade thread with multi coats of high build.
- Marine grade etched stainless steel trim band – upper butt.
- Japanese shrink rubber (JSR) handle.
- JSR rubber separator grip on lower tip and upper butt.
- Equal sections – tip and butt.
- Century Fuji moveable reelseat and EVA caps.
- Supplied in Black Century cloth rod bag