SMOOTH CASTING, POWERFUL HEADS for big flies and sink tips with lowstretch, ultra-slick performance.
RIO Skagit Launch heads deliver the power needed to cast large flies and sinking tips more elegantly than ever before. The unique weight distribution deeply loads rods for long, powerful casts, while the refined taper design generates incredibly smooth loops which transition seamlessly from head to tip to fly. The low stretch core gives incredible levels of sensitivity when casting and fishing, and provides enhanced detection of takes, more positive hook sets, and far greater control when playing a fish.
In addition, this line is built with SlickCast, creating the slickest, most durable coating on the market—producing the least amount of friction ever measured in a fly line.
Powerful front end to easily cast large flies and fast sinking tips
Complete series of heads with varying lengths and small size increments
Ultra-low stretch ConnectCore
Built with RIO's exceptionally slick, durable SlickCast coating
- EasyID - RIO’s printed line marking system that allows anglers to quickly and easily identify each line.
- Front Welded Loop- A neat, bulletproof loop welded at the front of the fly line for fast rigging.
- Back Welded Loop - A neat, bulletproof loop welded at the end of the fly line for fast rigging to backing.
For best performance, RIO recommends attaching the following head sizes to these shooting lines sizes:
- 200 to 400gr – .024”/.026” shooting line, or 25lb SlickShooter/GripShooter.
- 400 to 550gr – .030”/.032” shooting line or 35lb SlickShooter/GripShooter.
- 550 to 675gr – .035”/.037” shooting line, or 44lb SlickShooter/GripShooter.
- 675gr and heavier – .040”/.042” shooting line or 50lb SlickShooter/GripShooter.