After designing two of the best selling award winning ranges of rods of the 21st century, most tackle companies would have been happy with this, but, at Mackenzie, they wanted to make the new G2 rods even better, the quality and performance of the new G2 rods certainly prove this, Mackenzie are continuously improving and pushing the boundaries of tackle development and creating the best rods on the market today, the Mackenzie brand is now seen by many as a world leader in tackle development.
This new range has a new taper design and lighter blank, the new blank flexes further down than the original DTX Spey rods, this new design loads deeper down the rod than before, allowing the caster more time to feel the rod load, allowing a smoother application of power when casting, the blank recovers fairly fast, so you have a rod that is easy to use and casts effortlessly, but retains an extra reserve of power when needed, giving you the perfect rod for the modern day angler.
Not only has the new range got an outstanding action it also comes with, a range of G2 Spey lines that load and balance the rods perfectly.
Other key features include:
- Ultra light blank
- Stealthy matt olive finish
- High quality cork handle
- Beautifully crafted reinforce composite cork at each handle end
- Fuji stripper guides
- Quality snake eyes
- Quality black satin finished, double nut, down locking reel seat
- Alignment dots, at each section end, for easy, accurate assembly
- Red dot on reel seat, for instant identification for positioning reel
- Distinctive and highly practical triangular rod tube,
- Beautiful cloth bag
- 4 piece rods for easy transportation